For a long time, I had been begging the human to take me somewhere international. When she told me we were going to Spain, I KNEW it would be an adventure of a lifetime because I would FINALLY be meeting my Instagram pal, Charlie!
You see, Charlie lives in Barcelona and that was the first stop on my ‘Hami Does Spain’ Adventure! And, because Charlie and his humans are the nicest in all of the land, they invited us to stay in their home while we visited!
My Stay In Barcelona
Charlie and his humans, Boss Natalie, and Grand-Boss Angela, have the most amazing Flat in the heart of Barcelona. My human and I stayed 3-nights there and experienced the most welcoming hospitality you could ask for.
If you are ever in Barcelona, and want to rent a room, make sure you check out Natalie and Angela’s flat on AirBnB.
Sightseeing In Barcelona
The human and I were on a mission: we wanted to see ALL of Barcelona in 3 days. Best way to achieve this? By riding on the Barcelona Bus Turistic!
You buy a day (or multi-day) pass and you are able to ride around the city and hop on-and-off as many times as you like!
They are pet-friendly, as long as the doggie is small, well-behaved and in a bag!
You like my carrying tote? My human and I HIGHLY recommend this bag for city travel. Make sure you visit their website to check it out.
La Sagrada Familia has been under construction for what seems like an eternity but it is an absolutely must-see. This was the first stop for the human and I.
I was not allowed in the church but we did spend a lovely hour or so exploring the zone. There is a park across the street from the church, as well as a dog-exclusive park! That’s right, people! A dog park with the Sagrada Familia as the backdrop!
Up next? Another one of Gaudi’s masterpieces. El Parque Guell, or the Guell Park!
My Barcelona Friends
Sightseeing in Barcelona will be something I never forget. You know what else I will never forget? Linking up with Charlie and our other Scottie pal Draco, to sightsee on some fur-ladies!
Check us out! Can you tell who is who?
Dog Friendly Barcelona: Hami Tips
- Barcelona is pretty pet-friendly however, it is definitely not at the levels that we were accustomed to in the US.
- Taxi’s have the right to refuse you service and we found a few who would only take us if I was completely covered in a bag like this one. Make sure you bring one along!
- Most restaurants and cafes have patios and these are perfectly acceptable for pups. The inside of restaurants were pretty much off limits.
- The majority of Barcelona has patches of grass or even open-space parks so when it comes time to do your business, it is quite easy. Make sure to have your poop baggies ready so you leave the city the way you found it!
- For more travel tips, make sure you check out our what to pack for traveling post.
Have you ever been to Barcelona? What would you recommend I do next time I visit?
Hope you enjoyed this post as much as my human and I enjoyed sharing it.
<3 <3 <3 Leave me some love <3 in the comments below. <3 <3 <3